There are three main stages to the project:
Stage 1 : Consent form and questionnaire to be completed and returned
Stage 2 : Children to be photographed
Stage 3: Book to be designed and made available for purchase.
Below is a timeline so that you can follow where we’re up to with the project:
25th January : The consent forms and questionnaire are now ready to be distributed. Looking for volunteers to help me distribute them to participants.
26th January : Consent forms are being distributed. You should receive yours shortly if you’ve not received it already. Please don’t rush your children to complete these. I didn’t put a deadline on getting these back in as i’d rather receive quality responses than rushed efforts.
7th February : Consent forms and questionnaires are being completed and returned. I have eight back so far. I will begin photographing children after the half term break. I will make arrangements with those who have returned their forms.
INFO RE PHOTO SESSIONS:
- Sessions will usually fall after school kick out. I will sometimes have Aidan with me. Please let me know if you’d rather I made alternative arrangements for him and I’ll sort something out.
- I am keen to take photographs in spaces like bedrooms and/or play spaces that give clues to the child’s character. If it seems appropriate, I might try to include things they’ve mentioned in their questionnaire.
- If you want a decent photograph of your child, please don’t put them under pressure to perform. They don’t need to look at the camera and please don’t tell them to smile. If you’d like them to smile, say something you know will make them smile or laugh. Or take a step back and let me interact with them.
- Please don’t feed them sugary stuff on the way out of school. It’s much harder to photograph kids when they’re bouncing off the walls 😉
Any questions? Give me a shout!
20th February : First portrait session today and two more later this week! I’ll arrange more appointments soon with those who’ve returned their forms.
28th February: Photographic sessions are now underway. I’m trying to average 2-3 per week after school whenever possible. The photographs will be made available to purchase for anyone who wishes to. The book will be made available to purchase once all children have been photographed. Every child will have their own page in the book which, for example, may look something like this:
17th March: I have now completed roughly a fifth of the photographic sessions and have received a little under half of the questionnaires back so far. The portrait sessions have been great fun and I’ve had lovely feedback from the kids about how they’ve enjoyed showing me their favourite bits and bobs and listening to my corny jokes!
There are a handful of people who’ve not yet expressed an interest in the project. If you’re one of those, there’s still plenty of time to get on board. I’m happy and excited for as many of the children as possible to be included!
19th April: I have enjoyed a lovely Easter break away with my family and have done very little indeed to progress the project during this holiday! 😉
3rd May: Twenty of the children have now been photographed for the project. I am at least a third of the way there! Phew! 🙂 Thank you to everyone for their positivity and support. It is much appreciated. xxx
26th May: As we break for half term, I have photographed 29 children. Half way there! 🙂
22nd June: IMPORTANT: If your child was photographed before 21st June, you are eligible for a free 6×4″ print as per the terms which follow:
- If you’ve already placed an order, you may now place a new order for the free 6×4″ print. I will email you today or within the next few days with your link and password. The print will automatically show as free at checkout. You are more than welcome to order additional items at the same time should you wish to. You must order on or before Monday 10th July, 2017.
- If you’ve not yet placed an order, you may include the free 6×4″ print with the rest of your order. Your free print will not count towards the free app which is awarded following the purchase of five or more (paid for) products. One 6×4″ print will be free when you checkout. I will email you today or within the next few days with your link and password. You must order on or before Monday 10th July, 2017.
- If your child was photographed before 21st June, your gallery will be deleted from the site on Tuesday 11th July. You will no longer be able to order photographs from your gallery after this time.
If your child has not yet been photographed for the project, you will also be awarded a free 6×4″ print provided you order within the allotted time frame. This will be advised when your gallery becomes ready to view.
Any questions, give me a shout!
18th July: By the end of this week I’ll have visited 40 students for their portrait session. I will be wrapping up this stage of the project in the first week back at school following the summer break. I hope to by then have all of the questionnaires and consent forms returned and to be arranging the very last of the photographic sessions. I can then move onto designing the book! How exciting!!!
19th September: I’ve four portraits yet to take and these sittings should all have taken place before the end of September. In October I will design our book. 🙂
17th October: Stage 3 at last! The books have been designed and will be made available to purchase shortly. There is a book which contains the children’s answers to their questionnaires, their drawings, signatures and photographs supporting the text. The book contains mainly colour images and each child has their own double page spread. There’s also a photographic book full of black & white images of some of my favourite photographs from the project. I will put a bulk order through to the publishers and so books purchased through me, paid for by the deadline (to be advised), will be significantly cheaper than books purchased online or at a later date.
30th October: The deadline for being included in bulk ordering (ie. if you would like to pay the lower pricing for your book!) is 16th November. You will need to have let me know your order AND paid for it by the 16th November in order to qualify for the bulk order (lower) pricing. If you’d like to order afterwards, you may do so online (links to be provided), but it will be more expensive. There will be a viewing and ordering session at the 1st Sawbridgeworth Scout Hut at 5.40pm on 7th November. I hope to see you there!
10th November: Thank you to everyone who attended the Scout Hut on the 7th. It was lovely to see you all there! Please remember to get your orders and payments to me by Thursday 16th November so that I can include you in the bulk order (and cheaper pricing). Books and postage & packing charges will both be significantly higher after the 16th November.